[ga] [I CAN][PUBLIC-PRIVATE]Open Mic

Ben Edelman wrote:

> In light of this evening's extended discussion of other topics, the Open Mic time (previously scheduled for 5:00-6:00pm on 6/3) has been rescheduled to tomorrow morning, 6/4, at 9am.
>
> The revised schedule for June 4 is as follows:
>
> 8:30 to 8:55 - At Large Study Committee, Progress Report by Chair
> 9:00 to 9:30 - Open Microphone (public comments on all topics)
> 9:30         - ICANN Board Meeting (delayed half an hour)

Due to an overriding sense of nausea, I'm going to submit my public comment question for tomorrow right now (for the fourth time in 3 days, as I've simply despaired of posting it to the
public comment in Stockholm.)  Perhaps Dr. Vinton  Cerf will be so kind as to read it aloud for me in my absence tomorrow.

Directors and fellow GA members:

Considering the amount of money generated and exchanged within, and about, the domain name market and industry, will the ontological status of domain names be legally established anytime
in the near future?  Are domain names property or not?  If so, what kind of property, and whose?

thank you.

BTW: Exactly one 1/2 hour for public comments?  That is quite simply outrageous.  Considering the amount of time the commercials for Tucows and RealNames got in the last couple days, I
think this is a totally ludicrous gesture, don't you?  Why bother?   In fact, I don't think I'm going to offer my head for the bean count tomorrow.  This whole situation stinks.  Vint,
you are perfectly shameless!  Such carryings-on, and in public no less...  Karl, I applaud your patience.

Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos
        Hermes Network, Inc.