Re: [ga] Catch-22 or Chicken and Egg

Dear all,

This is a great example as to why the sub-lists cauase more harm than good.

As a member of the WG-Review I sympathized with the good intentions to have
GA-controlled lists for our own use.  As we have seen from Erica's recent
posting on the NC meeting, the NC in fact thinks they own the whole gosh
darn GA and can jerk us around like (insert own analogy here).

There are no reasons to believe that the original intentions were not good
so let us assume so.  And let us also assume that the administration of the
lists was also done with good intentions as well.  But if we are to have
true dialogue with one another, we need to talk to one another and by being
forced to jump around from list-to-list this won't happen and is utterly
confusing and divisive.   Set up a good thread system to keep the topics
clear and organized.

BTW I would like to promote a suggestion that we all subscribe to the
GA-full list so that we can tap the most inclusive source of information
from our fellow GA members.  Plus give the NC the reason they seem to need
to keep the list open.  If you get double messages or what not, read the
mails off of the archives and then go to you own mail system to
respond.  Clean and neat that way.

OK, I might even remain quiet for the rest of the evening.

Cheers,
Brian