RE: [ga] GA Credibility.

From:http://www.icann.org/dnso/dnso.htm

A General Assembly (GA) open to all who are willing to contribute effort to
the work of the DNSO. The participants in the GA should be individuals who
have a knowledge of and an interest in issues pertaining to the areas for
which the DNSO has primary responsibility, and who are willing to
contribute time, effort and expertise to the work of the DNSO, including
work item proposal and development, discussion of work items, draft
document preparation, and participation in research and drafting committees
and working groups.

Note the wording in the second sentence, "The participants in the GA should
be individuals.."

From:http://www.icann.org/general/bylaws.htm

(b) The DNSO shall consist of (i) a Names Council ("NC"), consisting of
representatives of constituencies as described in Section 3 of this Article
VI-B ("Constituencies") elected by those Constituencies and (ii) a General
Assembly ("GA"), consisting of all interested individuals and entities.

Note again the wording in the last sentence, "(ii)a General Assembly
("GA"), consisting of all interested individuals and entities."

Any attempt to force the GA into a forum for representative bodies only
will be met with the full force behind the above documents.  I consider the
criteria of GA members needing to have "sponsors" of any number to be
totally against the ICANN bylaws and the definition of by the DNSO.  I can
only see a move to have such a criteria implemented as an attempt to
restrict individual participation in this forum and make the GA into some
sort of "old boys club" that would invalidate the intention behind the GA
formation.

Constructive ideas should include means to promote individual
participation, not ways to limit or restrict such participation.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.