Re: [ga] GA Credibility.

At 22:30 28/05/01 -0400, L Gallegos wrote:
>Well that would certainly keep the numbers down since no newbie
>would know who to ask for endorsement.

Short term, probably yes. However, once the GA gains corresponding
respectability, people who really want to have their opinions heard here
will find  ways to get their endorsements soon enough.

Mind you, the number of active posters now is already very low to start
with.... (30 against 300?)

In practice, this method of making GA "speakers" representative of at least
5 other members would be extremely easy to achieve with a web based Booth.

If anyone would support such a method of creating positive "posting rights"
, I am ready to explore this option further on GA-int or GA-icann.
We are all groping in the dark with this new medium of inter-communication.
Let's experiment with what works and what doesn't.

Does the GA have anything to lose?

--Joop--
Founder of the Cyberspace Association.
Former bootstrap of the IDNO (www.idno.org)