Re[2]: [ga] Observations...

Hello Patrick,

Monday, May 28, 2001, 5:45:06 PM, Patrick Corliss wrote:

> Hi Danny

> Thank you for your observations.  I note that you have named a number of
> people as in the following sentence:

>> I was also quite dismayed to note that many our members who posted in the
>> last month did not choose to vote:

> I realise that this is all a matter of public record but I do think it would
> be better if we all avoided naming people whenever there is any suggestion
> of disapproval.  The very fact of naming, without more, can cause severe
> emotional disturbances amongst members.

Oh please. It was all public and documented on the web page.  There is
no privacy issue here.

> In fact, there should be no disapproval.  The nominated people did all cast
> a perfectly valid vote.  They all voted to abstain.  Where we could have a
> problem is if they MEANT to vote but didn't receive their ballot paper or
> something of that kind.

They did not abstain.  There is a vast difference.

> BTW I am responding to you on the main GA list.  Any future postings of this
> type or on this subject should go to GA-RULES as that list is for internal
> processes.

No, it belongs on the main GA list, and that's were my response goes.

Thankfully, you don't dictate that, or have that kind of control.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh