Re: [ga] Fwd: GA Lists administration

Elisabeth Porteneuve wrote:

> > Setting up lists on the DNSO is not only a short technical
> > exercise.

But technically it is.  At least you admit this much, Elisabeth.

> > The majority of time on new GA lists was spent in clarifying
> > with new and old GA Chairs and List Monitors the lists
> > requirements, the rules applied to each list and the rules
> > applied accross lists.

Where is the record of this "clarifying"?  What exactly was the substance
of the "clarification"?  The rules of the lists remained the same as the
rules of the GA list.  So, again, where is the evidence for this
"clarifying".  BTW, what would you (Elisabeth) have to do with list
rules? Surely this is a bogus excuse, I don't think anyone actually buys
this!  So please, point us to the deliberations you had with the Chair,
co-Chair, and past Chair(s), for transpareny's sake...  Perhaps Danny or
patrick, or Roberto, or Harald can help out here?

> The procedures for posting rights
> > handling, the synchronization between Lists Monitors decision
> > and Secretariat, the timely technical implementation.

What "procedures" for posting rights specifically?  The "synchronization"
between List Monitors decision and Secretariat?!?!?!  You can't seriously
believe we're swallowing this stuff?!  A simple email from the List
Monitors to the Secratariat does not require any great "synchronization"!
especially since the List Monitors have had practically nothing to do!
Elisabeth, either you think we are very stupid, or...

> > There is more than 1300 subscribers to all active DNSO lists
> > (more than 900 different e-mail addresses), and more than 300
> > subscribers to the DNSO Voting Registry.

So what?  The lists run themselves for the most part.  And when was there
ever a vote with 300 participants?   Anyway, I'm sure the 300 subscribers
to the Voting Registry are included in the 900 different email addresses
you cite.  So what exactly is your point?

> > The DNSO lists maintenance duties includes watching technical
> > problems as well as bounces handling and providing answers to those
> > who get lost and ask for help in unsubscribing or modifying
> > addresses.

Tell you what... the DNSO can hire me for HALF of what it costs them to
have you perform these functions.

> Depending on traffic (either induced by e-mail addresses
> > belonging to lists, and which may have temporary or permanent
> > problems, or by cross posting, or by spaming, by chain-mails,
> > by some automated answers, etc.), the usual load at listadmin
> > is more than two hundred delivery-reports two times a day.

"Depending on traffic" is the key phrase.  Frankly, I find it hard to
believe that "the usual load at listadmin
 is more than two hundred delivery-reports two times a day" (for a total
of 400), but even if it were true, unless these were all error messages
why would they warrant anything but routine glances?  In any case, can
you provide evidence of such volume for the last two weeks? or months?
I'm sure we'd all be interested in examining it.

Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos