[ga] Re: [ga-roots] Community Roots or Red Herrings

  • To: ga@dnso.org
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [ga-roots] Community Roots or Red Herrings
  • From: Jefsey Morfin <jefsey@wanadoo.fr>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 15:51:05 +0200
  • Sender: owner-ga@dnso.org

This interesting post of Dassa clarifies a few thngs.

On 15:41 15/05/01, Jeff Williams said:
> > Internet name spaces.  I am currently on one such name space.  It is
> > totally under my control and I use the TLD .dhs.  I have also noted a
> > member of the GA has recently initiated an application to register this TLD
> > under one of the so called alternative roots.

I am glad that Dassa use that wording now. I have told him that
he owed to his customers to protect their rights against some
commercial usage of their normal TLD. Dassa offers an important
SLD service as dhs.org.

Dassa refusing at that time to use the word TLD and even the
concept I told him that I felt of my duty as one of the RSC to
protect his customers rights and I published the I was taking the
".dhs" to protect someone's existing rights. I fully informed
Dassa of this.

There is an unique name space including every name the human
being may think of. There are sub-space for languages, names,
geographical places, etc... etc...

Among them there is the DNS  name space with different
semantics. One of these semantic (3LD.SLD.TLD) is of a
certain use today. It creates sub-DNS name spaces if you
all the DNs including the same component.

- registeries are in charge of the name spaces sharing the
   same TLD.
- the WIPO protects the TM sub-name space,and has
   decided it intersected the DNS name space. This intersection
   they say is when they share a name as a TM and a SLD.
- I develop a system where the sub.name-space shares
   3LDs.

>Ah, you say, the TLD you use
> > isn't accessible from the Internet and doesn't count.  If users connect to
> > name servers I provide it would be accessible, much like others.  That it
> > doesn't currently may be a criteria to use in judging if it should be taken
> > into consideration or it might not.  BTW...I have used this TLD for over 2
> > years.
>
>Great!  Make you TLD inclusive than!  I am sure some stakeholders
>would welcome it!  >;)

They will. And the inclusive, fully protected (against Dassa's
actions at least) ".dhs" TLD waits for him to take it when he
wants (or his users demand it).

Jefsey