[ga] Internet Blocking and other concerns

Taking off my official hat for a moment, as a private citizen I will be
participating in the US nationwide protests tomorrow focused on the
Children's Internet Protection Act (CHIPA).  These protests have been
organized by the Electronic Frontier Foundation in conjunction with
co-sponsors such as the Online  Policy Group and the American Civil
Liberties Union in order to demonstrate the widespread public opposition to
use of Internet blocking in schools and libraries.   It is my view that
Congressionally-mandated Internet blocking censors
Constitutionally-protected materials, and that US governmental intrusion
into the Internet policy arena is to be discouraged whenever possible.

I would hope that others in the General Assembly share my concerns, and that
these type of issues as well as the full gamut of concerns over privacy will
be discussed at some point soon in our forum.