Re: [ga] Sanctions

Hello Danny,

BTW, you are wrong in your interpretation of the rules.

You are required to issue a call for a limit of posts before there can
be any such violation.

You have issued no such call.

"If the GA Chair or a list monitor asks for a limit to the nuber[sic] of posts
per person per day, this must be respected"

The rule is only in effect if you have issued a call for such a limit.

I have searched the archives to find such a call, to no avail.

Not only that, but you took a chapter out of another former
organization leader in attributing your own motivations to people
leaving the list.  That person had it bite him in the rear when the
persons he attributed those motives too indicated that in fact it was
a result of HIS actions that those persons left.  Of course, that
person made the mistake of posting the names of the people he was
attributing motivations to.  You avoided that pitfall, probably a wise
move on your part.

Tuesday, April 17, 2001, 4:28:33 PM, Danny Younger wrote:

> Today two valued members of this General Assembly have unsubscribed from the
> GA list.

> As Chair, I can no longer tolerate patterns of abusive list behavior that
> compromise efforts to enhance participation in this body.

> Over the course of the last week it has been noted that William X. Walsh has
> chosen not to abide by the decision to reasonably limit postings to five per
> day:

> April 17 - 13 posts
> April 16 --  9 posts
> April 15 --  5 posts
> April 14 --  8 posts
> April 13 --  6 posts
> April 12 - 11 posts
> April 11 - 17 posts

> I am therefore directing the List Monitor to impose necessary sanctions.

Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com