[ga] Atlantic Root's Disclaimer

On Monday, April 16, 2001 9:34 AM (AEST)
Patrick Greenwell <patrick@stealthgeeks.net> wrote:
Subject: RE: [ga] I want to be on the Inclusivbe Name Space SIG ML

> So in essence you are arguing that people are too stupid to read,
> shouldn't bear the burden of understanding what they are signing up for,
> and anyone offering these names even with a disclaimer in place is
> misleading consumers?

Thanks, Patrick.

I think Jeff Field has made some very good points that Leah Gallegos may want to
consider when marketing .biz.  He has kindly provided what some may think would
be an acceptable disclaimer.  Personally I agree that in a novel area like
non-ICANN domain names it is better to err on the side of caution in your
disclaimers.

However, what Leah disclaims is a matter for her own business judgement.  There
are processes in place where people aggrieved may complain.  Should these
processes be insufficient or unsatisfactory, that is a matter for a different
forum.

Whilst interesting in itself, the debate is a little diverting particularly when
the very existence of Atlantic Root's .biz is under threat.  The argument will
be moot if ARNI is rendered meaningless by its more powerful competitor, ICANN.

With thanks to the participants but I'd suggest that issue is exhausted and we
should now move the focus to the more relevant strategic question.

Best regards
Patrick Corliss