RE: [ga] I want to be on the Inclusivbe Name Space SIG ML

Much as you and others may try to argue there is only a single name
space, the facts and practical examples show there isn't.  If there
was only one name space, all would be visible to everyone without the
need for additional configuration.

DNS is made up of multiple name spaces linking together in a
heirarchial structure.  The roots are at the top of the tree and are
the base for the structure.

Everyone who connects to the Internet with their own private DNS and
network is introducing another name space.  If that name space fits
into the legacy system, well and good, all thier hostnames will be
seen immediately.  If the name space doesn't fit into the legacy
system it is not seen by the majority.  That is the alternative name
spaces, users need to reconfigure their systems either at the hostname
or ISP level for the hostnames to be seen.

There is not a single name space.  There are multiple name spaces that
under the legacy system operate under a cooperative agreement.  The
alternative name spaces are not operating under that cooperative
agreement and are in direct competition with it.  Pure and simple.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.