RE: [ga] Death Struggle in Name Space

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, at 00:35 [=GMT+0200], Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> Roeland,

> >Not all of them will do that reliably. This introduces entropy into the
> >Inclusive Root system. Unlike cryptographic randomness, entropy is NOT good
> >for production systems.
>
> That's what I would call "your own tecnical problem".
> If somebody will have unreliable information, ISPs will point to the others
> who have.

> (incidentally, you have given the best explanation to the reason why almost
> everybody points to the reliable (and consistent) root, not to potentially
> unreliable, although "enhanced", surrogates)

This I do not understand. Roeland described a situation that might
exist in the future. How can this explain something that you already
say (and I doubt) to be true in the present? I did note 'potentially',
but would think that is not really what is on people's mind when they
think about using another root. More in general: It sounds like
marketing language to me: 'unreliable, surrogate'.

--
marc@pan.bijt.net