RE: [ga] serious participation in ICANN processes

Either ICANN was responsible for events prior to November 1999 or not.  This
includes all issues whether it be Races.com, registrar competition, or
anything else.  Louis Touton says they are not responsible for anything
prior to November 1999 because ICANN did not have the authority or an
agreement in place.  You need to argue with Louis Touton, not me.  (I am
sure the answers to your question will result in ICANN being responsible for
all the good things but not any of the bad things.)

Registrars were ICANN accredited only after ICANN had authority to do so in
November 1999.  Again, talk to Louis Touton.

You response to my posting is a terrific example of why there is so much bad
feelings about ICANN.  Everything is a game of loopholes.  As a result,
many, many people simply do not believe anything that comes out of ICANN.
As a result you may win a few battles (in your mind) while alienating the
majority.

Russ Smith
http://consumer.net