Re: [ga] withdrawal of candidacy

"William X. Walsh" wrote:

> Hello Sotiropoulos,
>
> [excess CC's removed since everyone gets a copy from the ga list
> anyway]
>
> Tuesday, April 03, 2001, 6:35:11 PM, Sotiropoulos wrote:
> > If this election is called off, this will be the surest sign of complete
> > corruption of the GA.  I cannot, and will not countenance any such activity.
> > The election must continue as there are still 3 candidates to be decided
> > from.
>
> > I am greatly disturbed and disappointed that some people believe otherwise.
> > I will not vote in another election should this one be cancelled, and I urge
> > others who feel the same to act accordingly.  Will my lack of voting cause
> > concern?  Somehow I doubt it...
>
> Let's not blow things out of proportion, it really doesn't help you or
> your view, or the GA.

The only two matters which Mr. Sotiropoulos left out were:

That the election go forward AND the NC appoint those so chosen.

And that he is constant and helpful contributor to this process, currently
undertaking the thankless job of Chairing the WG-REVIEW, and that he has been
watching and learning and being here since the very beginning and before of ICANN.
(he also has a habit of disagreeing with a post and putting it a manner that is
constructive and leads to far better understanding and input)

Sincerely,