Re: [ga] withdrawal of candidacy

Cade,Marilyn S - LGA  wrote:

> Without any comment on votes, given that I endorsed all four candidates to
> ensure that there could be a valid election, I am somewhat concerned.

To be frank, I am more than `somewhat' concerned that you (and certain
others) are concerned about this.  The election is valid.  I never heard of
an election being called off because a nominee ditched... never.

> Without a fourth candidate, I probably would have worked harder to recruit
> someone to run.  That might be true of others, as well.

So basically, your "apathy" in this process was due to regarding Jon
Weinberg as the "sure thing"... I wonder what you'd have posted had he run
and *not* won?  Marilyn, have you ever laid bets at the horse track, or on a
roulette wheel?  Life is surely a strange scenario... especially when things
don't go our way, eh?  This is surely not meant to be a serious post, is it?

> This is in no way a commentary on the candidates who are standing, but
more
> a comment on other things.

Such as?  Please be specific... I for one would definitely like to know what
these "things" are?

>Everyone who is standing has made a considerable
> effort to organize themselves/their work/etc. so they can offer to take on
> the considerable work of chair, c-chair.

I am glad you think so.  Therefore, you don't really have a problem with
continuing the election, right?

> We are all obviously learning as we build...

Some lessons are more painful than others:  Fact of life.

If this election is called off, this will be the surest sign of complete
corruption of the GA.  I cannot, and will not countenance any such activity.
The election must continue as there are still 3 candidates to be decided
from.

I am greatly disturbed and disappointed that some people believe otherwise.
I will not vote in another election should this one be cancelled, and I urge
others who feel the same to act accordingly.  Will my lack of voting cause
concern?  Somehow I doubt it...

Sotiris Sotiropoulos
        Individual