From: "Milton Mueller" <Mueller@syr.edu>
To: <erica.roberts@bigpond.com>; <council@dnso.org>
Cc: <ga@dnso.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 7:54 AM
Subject: [council] Fw: [ga] Re: Last minute changes to Verisignagreements

> Erica:
> Thanks for your well-considered suggestion. I support Options 1 and 2, but
do not think that Option 1 would be effective, given the obvious desire of
ICANN staff to circumvent the DNSO when convenient. They know we are
concerned. They don't care.

> I would take careful note of who on the Board voted for and against the
proposal. We can keep this in mind when we elect the next DNSO
representatives. We should also take seriously those working for a more
representative Board via more rapid implementation of at-large elections.

> More significant than either of those, however, would be for the NC to be
more pro-active.

> Why don't we start a task force _now_ on ORG and NET divestiture. This
group could develop authoritative policy recommendations regarding the
status of ORG, and the seletion of a registry operator for NET?