Re: [ga] is there any factual information about how many SLDs for individu als or organizations exist in cc?

>Marilyn and Elisabeth,
>
>Elisabeth Porteneuve wrote:
>
>> At the origin of Internet (circa mid 1980's), all ccTLD had a flat
>> scheme. Then some build up a naming schemes according to local needs.
>
>Correction:
>
>.il was the 2nd ccTLD ever to be delegated (well, actually 3rd, if you
>count .us; .uk was first outside the USA, .il was second).
>
>.il has never (since day one) been flat. Hierarchy was built in when
>it was conceived. No one registers names on the 2nd level.
>I have reasons to believe that .uk was also hierarchical from day one -
>but they should have the definitive answer (anyone there remembers
>rl.ac.uk, or UK.AC.RL?...).

TTBOMK, .nz has always had levels.

We adopted the UK model .co.nz rather than .com.nz

There's a few tricky 2LD's floating in the .nz namespace. See if you can
spot them and guess what they do:

.co.nz
.net.nz (was once restricted - even just 2 years ago? - but is now open)
.org.nz
.gen.nz
.mil.nz
.govt.nz
.cri.nz
.iwi.nz
.school.nz
.ac.nz

Did I get them all, DPF?

Possibly coming soon is a (very) restricted TLD

.bank.nz

The restrictions prevent me from getting sperm.bank.nz :^(

school.nz is unrestricted, allowing sex.school.nz and girls.school.nz

--
Andrew P. Gardner
barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?