Re: [ga] is there any factual information about how many SLDs for individu als or organizations exist in cc?

Marilyn and Elisabeth,

Elisabeth Porteneuve wrote:

> At the origin of Internet (circa mid 1980's), all ccTLD had a flat
> scheme. Then some build up a naming schemes according to local needs.

Correction:

.il was the 2nd ccTLD ever to be delegated (well, actually 3rd, if you
count .us; .uk was first outside the USA, .il was second).

.il has never (since day one) been flat. Hierarchy was built in when
it was conceived. No one registers names on the 2nd level.
I have reasons to believe that .uk was also hierarchical from day one -
but they should have the definitive answer (anyone there remembers
rl.ac.uk, or UK.AC.RL?...).

Sincerely,
Doron Shikmoni