RE: [ga] is there any factual information about how many SLDs for individu als or organizations exist in cc?

Mark,

Thank you for saying it so well -- ICANN did not spend much time
on ccTLD matters, its main concerns were for gTLD and Registrars.
ICANN is committed by the USG to sign agreements with ccTLD this year
-- I used to summarize it: 242 contracts in 242 days ?

My message to Marilyn is twofold:
   - first, a note that ccTLD are as diverse as the world is,
     and that whereas we are 244 ccTLD, not many of us could
     or would participate, for many various reasons we need
     to understand;
     the Kazakhstan exemple of visa problem is well recorded
     in council archives, see:
     http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc04/msg00453.html
   - second, a simple answer to a question about naming schemes
     (SLDs in ccTLDs)

I am looking forward to see you in Melbourne !
Elisabeth