Re: [ga] Helping the nomination process along [was: Proposal for chair election rules for the GA]

This type of "mass nomination" is counter productive, and is exactly
what this process does not need.

Also, listing people without their prior consent is more than a little
impolite.

Friday, March 02, 2001, 3:17:57 AM, Joop Teernstra wrote:

> At 20:36 1/03/01 -0500, Joanna Lane wrote:

>>I'd like to see names in the Booth yesterday. Is
>>there anything we can do about this?

> At your service. :-)

> In order to help the nomination process along, I have entered all the names
> of the GA voters  in the Polling Booth. (current as of 26 February,
> according to the dnso.org  website)
> (to my great surprise I did not see Charles Cha'ban's name on the
> roster--how many more active DNSO participants are not on the GA list? Karl
> Auerbach isn't here either)
> 284 in all. A few names were double entries.

> I understand that this way of nominating has no official standing and that
> the names of the candidates who collect the most "nominations" will still
> have to be sent by email to  the address yet to be provided by the DNSO
> secretariat, but at least it helps to make the preferences of this Assembly
> visible.

> There are two nominating options and I recommend that you all use them both.
> One nominating option limits your choice to a single nomination, the other
> allows you to tick multiple nominations.

> Let us see what the next four or five days will bring us. The results are
> visible as they come in and this time no password is needed to access the
> Booth.
> (A "free topic" , but you can't nominate from the same machine more than once)

> Password security is more important for the election itself.

> Happy nominating at www.democracy.org.nz/vote1/

> --Joop

Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com