[ga] Helping the nomination process along [was: Proposal for chair election rules for the GA]

At 20:36 1/03/01 -0500, Joanna Lane wrote:

>I'd like to see names in the Booth yesterday. Is
>there anything we can do about this?

At your service. :-)

In order to help the nomination process along, I have entered all the names
of the GA voters  in the Polling Booth. (current as of 26 February,
according to the dnso.org  website)
(to my great surprise I did not see Charles Cha'ban's name on the
roster--how many more active DNSO participants are not on the GA list? Karl
Auerbach isn't here either)
284 in all. A few names were double entries.

I understand that this way of nominating has no official standing and that
the names of the candidates who collect the most "nominations" will still
have to be sent by email to  the address yet to be provided by the DNSO
secretariat, but at least it helps to make the preferences of this Assembly
visible.

There are two nominating options and I recommend that you all use them both.
One nominating option limits your choice to a single nomination, the other
allows you to tick multiple nominations.

Let us see what the next four or five days will bring us. The results are
visible as they come in and this time no password is needed to access the
Booth.
(A "free topic" , but you can't nominate from the same machine more than once)

Password security is more important for the election itself.

Happy nominating at www.democracy.org.nz/vote1/

--Joop