Re: [ga] GA Chair-NOMINATION-Charles Sha'ban

At 18:41 1/03/01 +0100, Robin Miller wrote:

>Joop Teernstra wrote:
>

>> I think Charles Sha'ban, of Egypt, who has shown great comittment to a big
>> task of outreach (TAGI volunteered to translate the ICANN website into
>> Arabic)  may serve us very well as Chair and it is my privilege to nominate
>> him and ask for seconds from others who know him personally.
>
>and does this fellow have an email address or is he subbed to this list?
>
>Would be helpful. ;-) Does he have a website so the rest of us that don't
know
>him, can learn more about him?

I don't think Roberto had a website, or even a personal domain...
Charles has been active in the Review WG.
"Charles Shaban" <cshaban@tagi.com>

 Personally I believe a strong part of being
>qualified for being a chair in here is someone that can take the pressure
that
>this list can sometimes generate, and still remain impartial and fair.

I agree. Especially the moderator role requires good background knowledge
about participants and sound judgement.

--Joop--
Former bootstrap of the CA/idno
       The Polling Booth