Re: [ga] New TLD Agreements

> Kent Crispin wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 06:36:04PM -0800, William X. Walsh wrote:
>
> > > ICANN has done more damage to its credibility with the UDRP than with
> > > any single other act.
> >
> > Nope.  Quite the reverse.  You are deceived.  People who busy themselves
> > on these email lists are not a representative sample.

Kent is right I've got to say...

I've seen a pretty sizable representative sample in my various wandering on the
net the last few years - and what I've seen are a lot of people that are
interested in a few things. ICANN and the UDRP are not included. lol it doesnt
make the top ten.

But this is not as Kent would like to imply, due to lack of interest. Its due
also to ignorance. Most people online do not own domains or even plan to. Most
people don't mind being spoonfed their information like a baby in a highchair.
Heck some people get off to that. lol

And of course, just because people aren't interested, doesn't mean the issue
isn't important.

UDRP? Well I kind of like parts of the UDRP. But the UDRP has a problem - its
not as fair as it could be and so, it gets abused here and there. But its a
step in the right direction. It just stumbled on the stairs a bit.

Robin