Re: [ga] GA Chair

Joanna and all remaining assembly members,

Joanna Lane wrote:

> > A question: Does the DNSO pay for the GA's Chair to go to the ICANN
> meetings?
> > Or does the Chair have to come up with it out of their own funds?
>
> >On their own.
>
> This is an important point. Would the personal financial means available to
> a candidate impact the quality  of their service to the organization.
> Obviously the answer is yes until we reach the point where online
> participation at meetings is on a level playing field with attendees.

  I agree personally.  It seems fairly obvious to me that the GA Chair
should be funded, al be it very conservatively, to attend ICANN
meetings.  But not until the remote participation is on a level playing
field with personal attendees...

> therefore would say that independent financial support for the GA Chair
> could be one of the recommendations from this WG under that topic. Could the
> NC advise us whether the business plan to be presented at Melbourne
> addresses this aspect?
> Joanna

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827