Re: [ga] [ADMIN] Suspension of William X. Walsh

Harald Alvestrand wrote:

> The list monitor has received a complaint from Joop Ternstra about the message
> sent by William X. Walsh <william@userfriendly.com> on Nov 8, 2000,
> containing the paragraph
>
> >Only you can tell us this, since you are the only one with access to
> >the membership list, and for all we know, half of those people are
> >made up.

This could of course have been put more politely, but it certainly strikes
me as fair comment. Methinks Joop's response should be one or more of:

	explain how we can verify his claim
	ignore it
	tell Walsh he is free to imagine whatever silliness he likes, but
	   the list is none the less real for that
	point out that, this being the net, for all we know Walsh is made up

> The list monitor finds that this is a personal attack ...

That's your perogative, but I find it surprising. I'm not saying we should
be flaming each other to cinders, but we should be free to attack each
other's positions with some vigour.