RE: [ga] Re: [announce] Jonathan Cohen elected for 3 years term at the ICANN Board

> From: Roberto Gaetano: Sunday, September 17, 2000 3:13 PM

> Personally, I don't like (easy) generalizations and I have a definite
> preference (that has caused me problems, and is still doing
> so!) to call
>  people and things with firstname and lastname (literal
> translation from
>  italian idiom = does it make sense in English?).

The American idiom is to "call things as they are seen".

> IMHO, this is a farce.
> But the DNSO itself is not (still IMHO).
> Therefore, the DNSO has to stand up and correct the situation
> before it collapses.

While a credible call, it can't be done. You were yourself involved, as
was I, in the pre-DNSO efforts and contributor to the various
competitive DNSO charters that were drafted. Do you recall, in Berlin,
when the DNSO was instantiated? The ICANN BoD decided that NONE of the
competing proposals were sufficient and instituted their own? The
DNSO.ORG was then donated to the ICANN at the direction of Amadeu. The
current DNSO is not the one that either of us worked on. It is also
wholly extant at the whim of the ICANN BoD. The NC cannot even alter its
own charter. Just try it and watch what the ICANN BoD does in response.

No, this is nothing like what we envisioned, in those halcyon days,
three years ago.

I am going to Marina Del Rey, will you be there?