Re: [ga] Re: [announce] Jonathan Cohen elected for 3 years term at the ICANN Board

Kent,

>This would likely be the case no matter what.  I do not forsee any
>likely future where the various constituencies, current or imagined,
are
>going to magically agree -- any election will be carried by a simple
>majority of the constituencies, with the angry losers growling and
>snapping afterwards.

That's exactly the point.
The result of the election is determined by the simple majority of the
Constituencies. The function of the GA is non-existent, as the
collection of a nomination and 10 endorsements can easily be done by the
 NC reps of said "simple majority of the Constituencies".

My point is that the GA should have a meaningful role (for instance to
determine who are the first (n) nominees to be forwarded to NC).
Otherwise, we may eliminate the joke/farce of the endorsement
altogether.

  Pity that more people can't emulate Peter de
>Blanc's elegant and constructive "thank you" message.

If you are addressing this remark at me, there is a misunderstanding. I
have no problem at all with the person that has been elected (I thought
I made it clear, but apparently not enough), I have a problem with the
"process". And this is the same problem I had last year (please refer to
 the archives). Obviously, I would have had the same problem if a
different person would have been elected, Peter, or Jamie, or anybody
else.

Regards
Roberto