Re: [ga] Re: [announce] Jonathan Cohen elected for 3 years term at the ICANN Board

William,

Personally, I don't like (easy) generalizations and I have a definite
preference (that has caused me problems, and is still doing so!) to call
 people and things with firstname and lastname (literal translation from
 italian idiom = does it make sense in English?).

What do you mean by "DNSO"?
I did not have the impression that the GA (which is part of the DNSO,
IMHO) had any role at all in the election. I cannot even remember a post
 of the old/new director to the GA list, neither evidence of him reading
 any of the stuff over here.

The real point is that it is time to revise the rules of the game. We
experimented something with the DNSO, we have different opinions on its
succesfulness, but maybe consensus on the need to revise its
effectiveness/representativity. The elections, whose method is also to
be analysed to check for improvement, are just one point among others.
BTW, on this subject, let me say loud and clear that I have no problem
with the person elected but serious reservations on the method. As I
said already, a subset of the NC (11 people are sufficient) can nominate
, endorse, and elect, not caring at all what everybody else in the DNSO
thinks or does.

IMHO, this is a farce.
But the DNSO itself is not (still IMHO).
Therefore, the DNSO has to stand up and correct the situation before it
collapses. The point is that, with the current system, the elected
Director does not represent the DNSO, but just the NC (and maybe 3 or 4
constituencies, at the most).

Regards
Roberto