RE: [ga] DNSO ICANN board member

At 15:22 03/09/2000 -0700, Simon Higgs wrote:
>There is no guidance to establish checks and balances in any DNS server
>which has been altered from the vanilla USG-root. I'm halfway through an
>Internet Draft to try and ensure that there is a minimum supported
>baseline (the USG root zone).

I would not see great harm in an "alternate" root where the owners would
automatically vacate within 24 hours any domain that was subsequently added
to the ICANN roots; if changes to the baseline automatically meant that the
alternate roots were changed to conform, most of the potential harm of
alternate roots would be alleviated.

Neither would I see much point in such a construction.