RE: [ga] Clarification w/r/t Jonathan Cohen's Involvement in Work ing Group B

At 21:02 30/08/2000 -0700, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
>The UDRP arbitrators do not have
>competent jurisditction. Even if you call it an arbitration panel, MHSC
>has had their domain since 1995, long before ICANN, and is not bound by
>any sort of arbitration mandate in our contract with NSI.

The UDRP is not an arbitration panel. WIPO carefully avoided recommending
that it should be one in its report, and later revisions have kept that
distance.

Arbitration (in most jurisdictions) is legally binding on the parties, and
not subject to being taken to court if dissatisfied.
The UDRP is different in both aspects.

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand@cisco.com
+47 41 44 29 94