RE: [ga] Components of a new DNSO structure

Harald,

My perception of the actual constituency system is the following: each
constituency is working from its point of view (they defend their interets,
that's fair) but we don't have any structure to consolidate the different
views, so too many voices go to the NC... the idea could be to give to GA
the ability to build and to ensure consensus before to pass to the NC a
Working Group Paper or Recommendation.

My view may be add a step in the process but could bring to the DNSO a way
for all constituencies to meet and to discuss. My experience of the ICANN
meetings gives to me the perception (but may be I'm wrong here it's just a
personnel feeling) of clubs (constituencies) working in their own corner,
behind the doors without talking to each other. So I believe that the GA
could be the ideal place for that and I would like to see a closer
collaboration between each of the constituencies through the GA.
This should be easy to put in place.

For example today I assume that the regsitar constituency is working on the
introdution of new gTLDS and they are working hard, but we don't know and we
don't have a clue of what is going on ....and this is one of the most
important subject of the today DNSO's mision.

Those are my personnel opinions for today and feel free to tell me if I'm
wrong.

Regards,

Jean-Michel Becar
Project Manager