Re[5]: [ga] FW: UPDATE: ICANN-Yokohama Remote Participation Details

Hello Christopher,

Sunday, July 09, 2000, 4:58:12 PM, you wrote:

>> You can apply for ownership of a tollbridge in New York, that doesn't
>> make your application have any basis in reality.

> When the New York Tollbridge Authority asks for such applications
> and then publishes the list of same, it does make the applications have
> a basis in reality.

EVen if the New York Tollbridge Authority asks, the applications would
have no validity UNLESS THE STATE LEGISLATURE and Governor passed laws
authorization their actions.

Jon could ask for whatever he wanted, he had no authority.  Bottom
line, its been proven by history, end of story.

>> Much like your self
>> claimed TLDs (of which nearly all do not have, and have never had,
>> live registries, so they are nothing more than undeveloped self
>> claimed TLDs without any real authority or sanction).

> Image Online Design has had a live registry since its application. Do
> you then consider us a special case?

No, not really, I used that as further evidence of why the vast bulk
of these "applications" or self claimed TLDs should be ignored.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com