Re: [ga] [Admin] Removal of posting rights

Regardless of the content of messages and whether some messages are more
"appropriate" than others, I think the GA is losing sight of its mission by
engaging in censorship. The GA has already lost many valuable members and
will no doubt lose more as the arguments continue. ICANN, in theory, is
supposed to be an open process and the GA a forum in which interest parties
and individuals may deliberate. Perhaps a better method of "regulating the
noise" would be to send out notices that the GA list monitor suggests that
subscribers make individual filters for particular people. At least then
the GA members would be able to control their own content, and the GA could
become a more credible and legitimate forum for open communication.

-Dori Kornfeld