Re: [ga] Our buddy Jonathan Cohen gets some press

Andy and all assembly members,

  Good points here Andy, and not badly put either.  As you know
Jonathan Cohen as a known pedophile has a vested interest in shifting
attention from that fact, to denigrating others in a manner as public
as possible so as to keep his particular life style in the background.

  The term "Cybersquatters" is a denigrating and false label that some
of the ICANN Board members through a back door process got
pinned up well in the press through their PR firm, from my understanding.

It was something that Mike Roberts in particular was quite taken with
in getting done.  He succeeded unfortunately.  So now we are stuck
with this term as part of the Internet Lingo for years to come.  So much
for honesty and integrity in this process and now as we also have seen
Jonathan has decided to keep this canard as alive as possible.  And
so it goes with a malignant process that needs some serious adjustment.

Andy Gardner wrote:

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/000410-000004.html
>
> Why do these people still refer to "cybersquatting".
>
> AFAIA, squatting is the action of using something (usually
> accommodation) without paying for it.
>
> Now that you have to pay for domains when you register them, surely
> there is no such thing as cybersquatting anymore???
>
> And just who was he referring to when he says "dissidents who were
> known in some cases to have received financial support for attendance
> at meetings from NSI"
>
> In my view, dissidents are a good thing, as they prevent the
> wholesale approval of policies without the consquences being well
> thought through. ICANN obviously needs more dissidents!!!
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Andrew P. Gardner
>
> Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1894