Re: History & current events (RE: [ga] About GA membership again......)

> > While I would agree with you, I couldn't not support the converse (that
> > someone "more serious" than IOD deserves it more) simply because
> > it's impossible to quantify "seriousness."
>
> In which case, of course, the earlier suggestions for .web are just as
> "serious" as yours.

Because something is impossible to quantify does not make all examples
of such a thing equal. If it did, then such an attribute would be
meaningless.

In the absence of reliability of such a metric, other criteria must be
considered. I will refrain from launching into a discussion of such
criteria in order to prevent the 933rd iteration of this argument.

--
Christopher Ambler
chris@the.web