Re: History & current events (RE: [ga] About GA membership again......)

>I believe that you were not the first one to make the claim for .web -
>at least off my memory - I did not check the list referred few days ago
>on this list, so I may be wrong.

Yes, you are wrong. There were two suggestions to IANA to create
a .web TLD, but neither were requests to run the registry. IOD's
request was the first.

>My example pointed out that the fact that you are serious about running
>the .web business is more important than the mere priority on that list.
> I assume that you agree that .web should not be given to somebody that
>is less serious than you on the ground that he claimed it before.

While I would agree with you, I couldn't not support the converse (that
someone "more serious" than IOD deserves it more) simply because
it's impossible to quantify "seriousness."

--
Christopher Ambler
chris@the.web