Re: [ga] Older Registrations

> The "RFC process" publishes documents.  It has nothing to do with granding
> authority, permission, or stating a decision (other than to make a
document
> part of the RFC archive.).
>
> Hence, whatever it is that you meant by the reference, it is incorrect.

Really? So if I say that it meant that you were a brilliant person, I'd be
incorrect. Damn, too bad, that.

Dave, you're insulting.

Jon wanted to reach consensus, publish same as RFC, and enact. Nothing
more, nothing less. Even you can understand that.

> IANA created and administered the DNS and its TLDs from the start of the
> DNS, long before NSF was involved.
>
> There is a continuing failure to distinguish between funding and
> authority.  They are quite separate things.

You're making my point for me, then. NSF funded, IANA had authority.
They may or may not be related.

--
Christopher Ambler
chris@the.web