RE: [ga] About GA membership again......

At 02:56 30.03.00 +0200, Roberto Gaetano wrote:
>Joop identifies a point that should be discussed, IMHO.
>What will be the relationship btw. GA and @large?
>What will be the composition of the @large, and is there an overlap with
>  the GA? What part of the @large-Members will be interested in
>participating in the DNSO/GA?

In my (biased) opinion, the At Large is beyond our control, and it is
impossible for us to predict what the At Large is going to be.

I think most GA members will be At Large members (they want to be heard
there too), but that the opposite is unlikely, if only because the GA does
not have the wish or the means to have membership drives.

An At-Large member is expected to vote for representatives who choose
candidates to the ICANN board once a year or so. A GA member is (I think)
expected to take a position on various issues brought to a GA vote -
probably on the order of magnitude of once a month or so.

My guess.

                        Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no