RE: [ga] About GA membership again......

Joop wrote:

>Yes you forgot something. The GA of the DNSO is composed of ALL
individuals
>(organized or dis-organized) that have an interest or a stake in the
DNS.

>The "DNSO for organizations" is represented by the Names Council.  The
GA
>is for those who feel that they should be represented on the NC.

I agree with Joop.
What is the need for a GA, if the members of it will only be
organizations that participate already to the DNSO via the constituency/
ies they belong to?
The GA's added value is precisely the individuals (and, to a certain
extent, also the organizations) that are not represented in the
constituency system - and therefore not represented in the Name Council.

>If you send them away, the capture of the DNSO is sealed and the door
is
>shut.
>Neat.

I would not speak of "capture" because the interests represented by the
constituencies are wide and diverse, and I do not see an obvious
possibility of "capture" by a small subset of them.
What I see, though, is the real possibility of excluding a large part of
 stakeholders from the process.

>The ICANN "at- large" membership , ahhh , now that is something else
>altogether.

Joop identifies a point that should be discussed, IMHO.
What will be the relationship btw. GA and @large?
What will be the composition of the @large, and is there an overlap with
 the GA? What part of the @large-Members will be interested in
participating in the DNSO/GA?