[ga] [Admin] Arguments about history falsification

I have had complaints from more than one participant that statements have
been made on the list that, when parsed semantically, amount to claiming
that other participants are lying about past history.

This includes sentences like "[description] which is far from the
actual factual accounting of what happened", "attempt to engage in revisionist
history making", "falls into the camp of nicely written propaganda" and others.

This is not in the spirit of polite discussion, and does not contribute in
a good way to getting business done on this list.

I suggest that all participants in this discussion do the following:

1) Make sure your version of historic events is written down on a Web page
    somewhere.

2) Whenever someone argues a point of history you don't agree with, limit
    your rebuttal to "I do not believe this is correct. See my Web page
    at <xxxx>".

3) DO NOT continue the argument on the GA list.

If you wish to discuss the accuracy of your respective webpages further,
I am sure there are plenty of other forums you can use for that.

Regards,

                Harald T. Alvestrand
                 List monitor

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no