Re: [ga] About GA membership again......

At 14:52 22/03/00 +0100, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

>- The DNSO General Assembly is composed of those persons who want to be
>   members of that assembly.

Yes. Does that mean that in Yokohama there will be a signup form at the
entrance of the meeting room?

>- In order to be a member, one must send an email to the Keeper of the
>   Membership List (a secretariat function) asking to become a member,
>   and giving:
>   - Name
>   - Country of residence
>   - Optionally, company affiliation and/or city of residence
>   - Email to be used for balloting
>   All the information except the email will be made public.

Elisabeth is no longer doing the secretariat function, is she? To whom will
we address our emails?

Will this list be immediately visible on the dnso website, as the list is
built? (something I do for idno -members with a little lag, depending on my
time)

>- A Member can be removed from the Membership list by:
>   - A request from the Member to be removed
>   - A procedure (to be defined) for dealing with fraudulent registrations
>
>- A Member has the right to vote in a GA vote.
>   A Member has the duty to receive GA vote ballots, and to keep his
>   registration info updated.
>
>This point set is incomplete (particularly the definition of fraudulent
>registration), but I thought it time to get comments on a proposal.

Harald, it's best to keep it simple.
Better close the open ends a.s.a.p.
I don't think there is a need to make a big issue out of perceived multiple
personalities and allow this to hold up the formation of a working
membership list.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--  , founder  of
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org  (or direct:)
http://www.democracy.org.nz/idno/