Re: [ga] About GA membership again......

Simon Higgs wrote:

>Is there an organizational chart explaining the hierarchy of the
various
>memberships within ICANN? i.e. something that will easily differentiate
 the
>requirements for membership between a mailing list vs. a constituency
vs.
>general ICANN membership?

As far as I know, there's no hierarchy.
ICANN Membership is independent from participation in Constituencies and
/or mailing lists.

About GA-Membership, there's nothing decided yet, but my opinion is that
 we should have the same independence. In other words, people may be
member of the GA w/o being member of ICANN and vice-versa.
The sense of my previous message was that this independence, IMHO,
should also be in place vs. mailing lists and constituencies.

Each structure (mailing list, constituency, WG, membership, ...) serves
a specific scope, and should aggregate only the people that are
interested in the scope.

Regards
Roberto