Re: About .eu - Was: Re: [ga] Meeting on the creation of .EU TLD, Brussels, 28 March

John,

IMHO, there's a difference between Europe and other regional
organizations, which is that Europe is going towards a stricter
political union, and already has (to a certain extent) a common
currency.
This has been a determinant factor for the ISO-3166/MA in their decision
 about EU. to the best of my knowledge, the other regional entities are
far from reaching this goal (if they are at all interested in pursuing
this goal at all).

Roberto

>Hi Peter,
>	"EU" is lined up for inclusion in ISO-3166 (where all ccTLDs find
>their origins). If any of your examples or GOd knows how many other
trade
>and economic treaty associations have an entry in ISO-3166, then by all

>means proceed. AFAIK, none of your examples are seeking inclusion in
>ISO-3166.
>Yours, John Broomfield.
>

>> Any consideration of .EU must take into account the possibilities of:

>> .AP  for Asia Pacific
>> .AF (or some letters) for Africa, or Pan-African Union
>> .C?  for the CariCom Caribbean Community,
>> .l? for the Latin Americans
>> .N? for NAFTA- the North American Free Trade Accociation
>>
>> and GOD only knows how many other trade and economic treaty
associations.

>> Peter de Blanc
>> .VI admin

Roberto