Re: [ga] Matters to discuss ... Am I a member?

Peter and all,

Peter de Blanc wrote:

> I've been listening to this noise for a long time, and trying diligently to
> find some substance in here. Also waiting to post until I had something of
> substance.
>
> I think i  am a member of the GA-
> I know I am the admin of .VI
> I know that i've been physically present at all the GA meetings
> I know that i was the scribe  at one of the meetings (that NI Quanor
> chaired), was it Santiago, or LA? ( old-timer's disease kicking in ;-)  )

  Good points here Peter.  I agree to a great extent.  It was not my intent
nor did I believe that my comments were overly  verbose.

  I also KNOW I am a member of the GA as well.  I know that James
Touton, Bob Davis, David Jenson are also members of the GA.  Yet
it seems that Harald and Roberto, most especially Harald don't know this.
That is really is what is at the crux at this "Noise" to which you accurately
refer to.  Too much rhetoric, short on specifics of substance....

> Do i need a digital ID?
>
> NO. I know who i am, thank you, and I AM a member of the GA, as much as
> anyone can be.
>
> Let's not get so technoid that  we  dis-enfranchise those who don't know the
> techno-lingo.
>
> It's difficult enough to even find, or think of finding 5000 people without
> all these barriers to entry. Please keep it simple.

  I think this is wise and prudent personally.  But the question of
identification
seem to be wanting to be used as a barrier to entry or is sincerely a concern
for reason or reasons not clearly articulated to date.

> Peter de Blanc  PJD6
> .VI admin

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com