Re: [ga] Exclusion of Jeff Williams for 2 weeks

I note that the archived copy of this message does not display the full
headers.  As a result, it is not possible to form an independent opinion as
to the likelihood of forgery should this be claimed.

I note further that this suspension takes effect immediately, pending
appeal, which is probably not a good rule in a world of potential forgery.

No information has yet reached me as to how one subscribes to the
unfiltered version of the list.  If I happened to have missed this posting
to the list, would someone kindly forward me the URL at which it is
archived?  I am certain that the management would never impose filtering
without first giving everyone a clear choice as to which feed they wished
to receive.

As a final note, I wonder how the level of decorum to be required on this
filtered list will compare to the standards of, say, the Australian or
Israeli parliaments?

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> The list monitor has received a complaint from Joe Kelsey about the post
> apparently sent from Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com> that is archived
> at the URL http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc03/msg01214.html
>
> The list rules say that:
>
> - The messages must be relevant to the business of the GA
> - The messages must observe a minimum of decorum, including:
>    - Not indulging in personal attacks, insults or slander
>    - Not using offensive language
>
> This message does not observe a minimum of decorum, is a personal attack,
> and uses offensive language.
>
> Therefore, I declare that the person known to the list as "Jeff Williams
> <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>" has had his posting privillege to the GA list
> revoked for 2 weeks, starting today, February 7, 2000, and lasting until
> not later than Monday, February 21, 2000, 12:00 GMT.
>
> The substance of the offending posting is reproduced below.
> Appeals may be addressed to the GA chair.
>
> A personal note: This action does not relate to the opinions brought forth
> in this message, which is no different than the opinions expressed in many
> other messages from the same person. The action relates solely to the way
> in which those opinions are expressed.
>
>                            Harald T. Alvestrand
>                                List monitor
>
> ------------ The main text of the offending message -----------
>
> >Unfortunately, and sadly I am sure the Roberto, Harald, Kent, and
> >William Walsh "The Four Horse-Shitters" are glad to see them
> >go. The major interest of Roberto and Harald especially is new
> >members (Sheep) to fertilize with their Horse Shit...
>

> --
> Harald Tveit Alvestrand, EDB Maxware, Norway
> Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no

                        -->It's warm here.<--