Re: [ga] Exclusion of Jeff Williams for 2 weeks

Harald and all,

  Some how I knew something like this was going to occur.  To
bad it is not legitimate.

  Define "Offensive Language" in the context of these not agreed upon
"Rules" and the referenced post, Harald?  How is it offensive?  It seems
pretty much a "Descriptive" reference to me.

  As you know this will fail, but that is fine.  How have you handled the
complaint I sent on yourself Harald?  Or are you ignoring that one?

  What was the nature of the complaint?  Are we going to see a copy
or this so called complaint?  How was this decision arrived at?  On what
basis without recourse on my part to rebut, is this decision made?

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

The list monitor has received a complaint from Joe Kelsey about the post
apparently sent from Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com> that is archived
at the URL http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc03/msg01214.html

The list rules say that:

- The messages must be relevant to the business of the GA
- The messages must observe a minimum of decorum, including:
   - Not indulging in personal attacks, insults or slander
   - Not using offensive language

This message does not observe a minimum of decorum, is a personal attack,
and uses offensive language.

Therefore, I declare that the person known to the list as "Jeff Williams
<jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>" has had his posting privillege to the GA list
revoked for 2 weeks, starting today, February 7, 2000, and lasting until
not later than Monday, February 21, 2000, 12:00 GMT.

The substance of the offending posting is reproduced below.
Appeals may be addressed to the GA chair.

A personal note: This action does not relate to the opinions brought forth
in this message, which is no different than the opinions expressed in many
other messages from the same person. The action relates solely to the way
in which those opinions are expressed.

                           Harald T. Alvestrand
                               List monitor

------------ The main text of the offending message -----------

>Unfortunately, and sadly I am sure the Roberto, Harald, Kent, and
>William Walsh "The Four Horse-Shitters" are glad to see them
>go. The major interest of Roberto and Harald especially is new
>members (Sheep) to fertilize with their Horse Shit...

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1894