Re: [ga] Re: Harald - it's time to dance

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 03:34:43PM -0500, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:
> And this would be different how if unfiltered people send their replies to
> filtered people to the officially filtered list?

If the unfiltered people are reading the filtered list, they would not
reply to posts by filtered people, since they wouldn't see them.

And I expect very few people will subscribe to the unfiltered list.  In
fact, what I expect to happen is that people who have meaningful
material to contribute will abide by the rules, and the total quantity
of garbage to decline substantially.  That is, it is a difference in
quantity, not a qualitative difference.

Of course, a message containing a quote that merits banishment merits
banishment itself.  That is, if you start forwarding JB's pornographic
doggerel to the list, I will certainly complain to the SAA.