Handeling List bounces to:Re: [ga] Final draft of proposed mailing list rules

Joe and all DNSO'ers,

  I believe Jeff Williams also has some E-Mail list bots that will also
accomplish the same thing.  I use them myself.  A child could implement
them in a few moments.  I am sure thought that Jeff or one of his staff
would be happy to do so Pro Bono!  :)

!Dr. Joe Baptista wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Ellen Rony wrote:
>
> > Isn't there a technical way that a subscriber can be placed on temporary
> > (say one week hold) while routing problems are resolved, without requiring
> > the individual to resubscribe and without bogging the list down with
> > bounced messages?  If that is possible, I think its a preferable mechanism
>
> Ellen - without sounding like I'm supporting all this bogus mumbo jumbo on
> rules ill defined - I a have a question.  When have you ever noticed the
> list is being bogged down by bounced messages.  I have not seen any here -
> have you?
>
> Now that's dense.  The list manager majordomo automatically filters them
> out.  And it's not a big deal.  In fact the whole process can be automated
> so the listadmin is not bothered by messages and a rebot remove such
> addressed with a period of time.  You can make it a week - or a year -
> it's no extra effort for the list operator or majordomo.
>
> The world is full of people who have no idea what their talking about -
> but that's what makes this whole mess so special.
>
> Regards
> Joe

James Touton
Legal and Policy Advisory Council,