Re: [ga] Final draft of proposed mailing list rules

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Ellen Rony wrote:

> Isn't there a technical way that a subscriber can be placed on temporary
> (say one week hold) while routing problems are resolved, without requiring
> the individual to resubscribe and without bogging the list down with
> bounced messages?  If that is possible, I think its a preferable mechanism

Ellen - without sounding like I'm supporting all this bogus mumbo jumbo on
rules ill defined - I a have a question.  When have you ever noticed the
list is being bogged down by bounced messages.  I have not seen any here -
have you?

Now that's dense.  The list manager majordomo automatically filters them
out.  And it's not a big deal.  In fact the whole process can be automated
so the listadmin is not bothered by messages and a rebot remove such
addressed with a period of time.  You can make it a week - or a year -
it's no extra effort for the list operator or majordomo.

The world is full of people who have no idea what their talking about -
but that's what makes this whole mess so special.

Regards
Joe