Re: Re: [ga] Proposal for mailing list policy

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Kent Crispin wrote:

> > > The problem here is the efficient use of the (scarse) resources in order
> > >  to provide a better service to the maximum extent possible of people,
> > > not to use (waste?) a huge amount of resources for making 100% happy a
> > > minority.
> >
> > This is a red herring. CPU cycles and disk are cheap and with the way the
> > ICANN board throws around money, I don't buy this argument for a minute.
>
> You aren't thinking.  The expensive resource is people's time and
> effort.

Time and effort to do what exactly? Archiving the list should be a fully
automated process. It's quite easy and requires little time or effort to
ignore postings in an archive from individuals once it is clear they have
nothing meaningful to add to the conversation....